Twisted Christian

Questioning the Christian norm

Christian vs. Christian's

One letter and a punctuation mark can make all the difference when saying something.

What I am talking about is the difference between "A Christian View" and "A Christian's view." There is a huge difference between the two, and I am hoping the latter will become more prevalent.

What got me thinking about this is "A Christian View of World of Warcraft" which should be A Christian's View of the World of Warcraft. It is a very well researched, which I appreciate, though I do not agree with it, therefore it is not "A Christian View" but rather "A Christian's View".

I do not agree with what she has to say on the subject, and think she is wrong in a number of her statements. If she wants to think that games like WoW are evil for her various reasons, then that is fine. What bothers me is the number of people that are reading her post and it is their initial introduction to the game. It is a poor representation of what the game is like, and what a 'Christian' view is on the subject.

1 comments:

selfrequiem said...

What should she say? What about her criticism bothers you exactly (other than an incorrect depiction of the game itself)? What would make her argument more "Christian?"

I think you should get more technical and explicit with your criticism. I want to hear what the twisted christian thinks.