Twisted Christian

Questioning the Christian norm

Servolution Awesomeness!

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was taking part in this group blogging project about the book, Servolution by Dino Rizzo. First off, I want to say, what an amazing book! It's exactly what I need right now. It's easy to read, clear, concise and to the point, but it's the content that really got my attention. Oh, and today was my day, where I wrote a bit about chapter 14 and the importance of community and serving with others.

For the past few months I've been looking for a way to get more involved in my church, but I've been unsure of the path to take. I expressed an interest in joining the board (elders), but they are in a sort of transition in the way the board is doing things and the way membership works so that will have to wait awhile. I play bass twice a month, but that isn't enough. They are also putting together a building team to do work on the church building as they are hoping to get some building maintenance done this summer.

I feel the need something more.

Then along comes this amazing book, and instantly I know what I need to do, serve. So now that I know what I need to do, I need to figure out how I'm going to go about doing it.

I'm going to read through the book again and see if I can glean some more information from it and figure out what I want to do. I'm really excited to get out there and start a servolution. And if you haven't read it yet, please hit up your local Christian bookstore and get a copy and read it. Then let me know what you think. :)

2 comments:

selfreq said...

Good job man! I am pretty impressed. It must feel good to be 'published' and get exposure at the same time.

Keep us posted on how your servolution comes along.

KevinConnell said...

I LOVED Servolution, read it a few months back