Twisted Christian

Questioning the Christian norm

Servolution Group Blogging Project

So I decided to leave my comfort zone and do something new. I'm taking part in an online group blogging project over at bibledude.net on Dino Rizzo's book, Servolution. There are 15 of us involved including Dan King, the host and organizer; @bibledude on twitter. When he first posted about it I was excited about it and wrote an email expressing my interest, but I didn't send it. I was full of self-doubt. I figured he'd want people like pastors and ministers and seminary-type students to take part in it, not some IT guy who just wishes he was a pastor. So I didn't send it.

The next day he was twittering about it some more, and I figured, "what the heck, I may as well give it a try. if he doesn't want me then he'll let me know." So I fired off the email I had written the previous day and received a surprising reply, "I was actually hoping that you would see this and be interested!" With that I felt more than a little relieved, and have been super excited about it ever since. We are each assigned one chapter on which we are to write a little review. These are then posted, one a day, for two weeks. I have the honor of closing things out with Chapter 14 on July 2nd. I'm looking forward to the comments that will stem from the reviews we each write, so while the reviews are the meat and potatoes, the comments are where things really have a chance to get going.

I think what has me most interested (other than the content of the book) is the diverse nature of the contributors. We are all Christians, but range from one end to the other on the spectrum, bringing a wide range of viewpoints to the table.

Yesterday Dan got the ball rolling by starting it off with the introduction AND I received my book in the mail! (each contributor that didn't have the book was mailed a copy) I love new books, and so far this one has been awesome (i'm on chapter 2).

Today's post is by Jim Blake who is the National Chairman of Concerned Christians Canada. He does a great job of summing up Chapter 1 and giving us some stuff to think about it.

So come on over and join us and be inspired to go out and live like Jesus did! I'm excited what the coming weeks will bring, and the time following that for those that feel the pull to go out there and start a Servolution.

1 comments:

KevinConnell said...

Just read that book bro - loved it!!