Twisted Christian

Questioning the Christian norm

Ideas I'm writing about

Here are some things I've been thinking and writing about:

~The things we give up for Lent, they are supposed to be things that have been getting between us and God. So wouldn't it make sense that we give them up for good?

~What does it mean to be the spiritual leader of the household?

~Is the emergent church watering down the gospel?

~What are the advantages to the cyber-church? What is more important, the evangelical or pastoral aspects?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

sounds like good topics. would like to hear where you go with them

Anonymous said...

I gave up junk for lent. that's right - anything that isn't healthy (food wise) - I learned how much it SUCKS to say no to doughnuts. no thanks.

It did teach me self control though, and before I would find myself scouring the office like a starved zombie on the prowl for brains (chocolate!) - and that wasn't good either. It would seem the point of lent is also what you learn by giving something up. Focusing on that is entirely benificial to the process.

stupid not remembering my password...
-andrew

Trivia Kari said...

I would love to spend time talking about how wonderful I think the emerging Christianity is, but I'm very inarticulate on the subject. Instead, on the subject of the spiritual head of a household: does your church background teach (as ours does) that this is always the realm of the male? Do you think (as I do) that that is completely nutty?

christopher said...

Hey Kari, I'm actually writing a post on that right now. Let me know what you think, and why you think it is nutty. Maybe your interpretation (or what they have taught you) of the spiritual head differs from mine.

when you come out here, i look forward to chatting about emerging christianity. my articulation when it comes to it is slowly improving, and can only get better with dialogue. :)